Your Team members are the campaign staff and the volunteers you will be relying on in the course of your campaign. Depending on the role they occupy within the campaign, you can set different permission levels as to what level of access a Team member has to your overall Ecanvasser account.
Adding a Team member
- From the Team Page, select the Invite User button
- Input the email address or phone number of the individual you wish to invite to the Campaign
- Select your App
- Select an appropriate permission level
- Click Save
Team Member Permission Levels
There are 5 different permissions levels that a Team member on a Campaign can hold. The person who sets up a Campaign is, by default, the Campaign Owner and then there are 4 options for subsequent team members.
- Campaign Owner: Has access to all aspects of Campaign.
- Campaign Manager: Access to all features of the Dashboard except billing and cancelling the campaign.
- Campaign Staffer: All rights to dashboard, except creating Lists and Teams.
- Lead Canvasser: Access to the mobile app and can read reports of houses that have previously been canvassed.
- Canvasser: Access to the mobile app but is unable to view the canvass history of a house.
As the Campaign Owner, you will have to invite others to join the Campaign. Once you appoint a Campaign Manager, this member can take responsibility for all aspects, excluding the billing and cancellation of the account.
In deciding what level of access a Team member may require, bear in mind the following:
- Campaign Managers, and Campaign Staffers, are back-office, or HQ staff
- Lead Canvassers, and Canvassers are based in the field
- Campaign Managers are directing Canvassers in the field
- Campaign Staffers are addressing issues raised by voters, or canvassing via the Voter Database
- Lead Canvassers have the ability to reflect on previous reports of houses that were canvassed in the past - these are your experienced canvassers who can assist and lead other regular canvassers and volunteers
Generic Team Member Accounts
Depending on the size of your campaign, you might know your entire team, or there may be a large amount of volunteers who are not known to you, or that can only assist for a handful of days.
In instances such as this, rather than creating countless new Team member accounts every day, which may not ever be used again, you may want to consider creating generic accounts. These accounts can be used day after day by different individual users, with the user account not being linked with any specific individual, but rather email addresses you created specifically for this very purpose.
- Set up a number of generic email addresses, e.g.
If you have your own domain for you campaign you may be able to simplify this to:
- Add these accounts as Team members to your campaign, with the appropriate permission level (this will likely be Canvasser, unless you are having Volunteers canvas from the Voter tab for Phone Banking)
- When Volunteers arrive at a canvas point, have them log into the next available account having downloaded the app
These accounts can then be used by completely separate Volunteers every day; having a generic account assigned to them as they arrive to begin the day's work.
You may wish to take into consideration appropriate security procedures in using Ecanvasser in this manner. Namely, ensuring that the permission level assigned to these accounts is appropriate, and updating passwords on the generic accounts at appropriate intervals.
Accepting an Invitation to Join a Campaign
Once you have invited someone to join your campaign, they will have to accept the email invitation, and set up an Ecanvasser account themselves, as appropriate.
They will do this by clicking on the link within the email invitation and creating their login for the Campaign.
Changing Team Members permissions
If you need to change the permissions on a team member.
Go to the Team Management Tab on the left-hand side of the dashboard:
When you have selected the user select the pencil on the top right of the contact and change the permissions like so:
Once the permissions have been updated you can click save.
If you are moving from Canvasser to Campaign Manager, the credentials will remain the same when accessing the dashboard.
If you do experience any problems with any of the above workflows, please feel free to reach out to support.