Ecanvasser provides you with a mobile app, either iOS or Android, that is engineered to replace traditional walk sheets. The mobile app stream-lines the transfer of data from your canvassers on the door, back to your database, and campaign strategists.
It's understandable that there can be a number of reasons why a canvass team may wish to use traditional walk sheets/lists instead, for example:
- Canvassers with a non-Android/iOS device
- Canvassers without a smart phone
- As a back-up
Ecanvasser provides you have two options to generate walk sheets or walk lists, each with their own advantages.
OPTION 1 - PRE-CONFIGURED WALK LISTS
From the Lists tab of the Database page:
- Select Export Walk List
- Click on your desired export format
A walk sheet/list will begin to download the takes the below format.
Please note the following points in relation to walk lists:
- The headings repeat periodically to ensure that they print at the head of each page of the printed walk sheet
- The headings are limited, collecting only general demographics beyond Reception Rating, and a miscellaneous Info column
- The file is formatted with grey color for easier readability for the canvasser
- Contacts are Listed together by house, allowing to quickly jump to the next entry when moving house to house
If using this method, you may well wish to customize the walk sheet column headings, as well as add more column headings as per your campaign needs.
OPTION 2 - CUSTOM EXPORT
While adding in your columns may solve some issues with regard the above pre-configured walk-sheet, if you would like data already existing in your database to be available to your canvassers, you will have to build your own walk sheet. That said, this process is pretty straight forward too!
In order to do so, export using the Database Export Function, having selected the required and desired information for your custom walk sheet.
On first view, this export may seem to be missing some of the nicer formatting of the pre-configured walk sheet but you can quickly take care of that:
To do so:
- Download the template here
- In your export file, click on any cell, and then press CTRL + A twice
- Now, click CTRL + C
- In the downloaded template, decide whether you would like the Portrait or Horizontal set up, and select the appropriate tab
- Right-click in cell A1 and select Paste Values Only
At this time, you may wish to edit the width of columns, or make any other cosmetic edits you require, and your Custom Walk Sheet should look something like the below: