Surveys are an important part of managing your campaign and allow you to get valuable feedback from your contacts.
If your nation is not yet connected to Ecanvasser, click here to read how to link your nation to your Ecanvasser database.
Preparation: Create a survey in your nation within NationBuilder
- The first step to importing your NationBuilder Survey successfully is to ensure that you have created a Survey action page within you Nation.
Login to your NationBuilder integration at the Ecanvasser dashboard
- At the Ecanvasser dashboard go to the tab "App Store" and choose the NationBuilder integration.
2. Make sure that you see the green logged in confirmation - and if not, login to your nation.
Importing your Survey
Go to the "Survey" page and click "IMPORT NATIONBUILDER SURVEYS":
2. You will see all of your NationBuilder surveys in a list as shown below:
In the image above, the blue nation icon indicates that a survey originated from NationBuilder.
The orange triangle indicates that it is a survey that has no questions.
The survey status can be PUBLISHED or UNPUBLISHED.
Published surveys are accessible to the mobile apps users (either a specific team or to all depending on whether you have assigned a survey to a team or not).
Unpublished surveys are not accessible to the mobile app users and are ideal for when you are preparing the survey and questions.
3. Click on the name of the survey to assign the survey to a team.
- Click the ellipsis in the top right corner.
- Choose "Edit".
- Assign the survey to a team:
You can also review the analytics of the survey:
As previously mentioned, in order for your Survey to import successfully, a survey answer page must be created within your Nation prior to the Ecanvasser Import.
To ensure NationBuilder surveys remain in sync with Ecanvasser,
we recommend that you only create, edit and delete surveys within your NationBuilder account.
It is import that you do not use the Edit, or +New Question options in Ecanvasser as survey responses will not sync back to your NationBuilder nation.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.