The Search Function
The Search function is one of the two main ways by which to segment your database. Searches can be performed on Contacts, or Houses (by address).
You may wish to perform a Search to either:
- Quickly travel to a location on the map
- Review recent Activity regarding an entry
- Edit, or Delete an entry
- Canvass a House
Performing a Search
- Enter your Search criteria
- Your results will appear below
- Select a resulting entry:
4. You will brought to that location on the Map and you can carry out a number of actions, as required:
- Review recent activity of a House
- Review/Edit all data available on House, and occupants of the House
Canvass House via pop-up menu
Edit House via pop-up menu (be sure to select Update Location, prior to Save)
Delete House via pop-up menu
- Select the Lists button
- Select an individual List
3. In a new screen the overview of that list will appear:
From the lists tab, you have different options to review and edit the list:
- Mark list as done
- Edit the list and assign a new team to the list
- Delete the list
- Export the data
The Filter Function
The Filter function is similar to the Search function, in that it allows us to segment our voters, and visualize this live, directly on our Map.
Tip: When you Filter prior to creating a new List, only those who are currently visible on the map, as a result of the Filtering, will become part of that List. There are a number of reason you may wish to create a List in this manner. For example:
- If we wanted to create multiple Lists to distribute lawn-signs, we could Filter for Contacts who required one; and then create multiple Lists to ensure their distribution was geographically efficient.
- If we canvassed an area on a public holiday, or the day of a major sporting event, we may have found that the rate of doors opened, or call backs requested was significantly high - we could Create a List having used the Filter function, to carry out a follow up canvass on those Voters we missed.
If you have any questions reach out to us in app, or contact email@example.com