What is Canvasser Tracking?
Tracking canvasser movements and canvasser activity is a necessary part of any field canvassing operations for a variety of reasons ranging from auditing, security and efficiency management. You can view your canvassers in real-time, with access to relevant information which will enable you to meet your operational needs.
Where to find your canvasser information which is tracked?
All your canvasser activity information is located on the Canvasser Activity page within your Ecanvasser dashboard:
Understanding canvasser tracking
The information available in the Canvasser Activity page provides you with an audit trail of your canvassing teams field activity including:
- Attempts - this metric is used to measure how many interactions (successful or unsuccessful) have been recorded by the canvasser
- Hit Rate % - this measures the performance of the level of successful interactions compared to total interactions
- Last seen - this refers to the last time the canvasser completed a canvass
You can drill down further into each canvasser's audit trail to view a list of their recorded canvasses and the related information:
You can see from the above image that the canvass status information is included in the audit trail. For more information on customize app you can find it here
A traffic light alert system is used to highlight any potential discrepancies between where the location a canvass was recorded and the location of the house that was visited.
- A green icon indicates that the canvass was recorded within 100m of the house location
- An orange icon indicates it was recorded between 100m and 300m from the house location
- A red icon indicates that the canvass was recorded more than 300m from the house
If the accuracy of the GPS captured is greater than 100m, it will state "No GPS captured".
Viewing your canvasser report
When reviewing your canvasser activity report, there are a number of filters available to you at the top of the page:
You can filter by time, useful if you want to focus on a specific timeline :
You can also filter by a specific team or all users:
Canvasser Tracking is available on your Ecanvasser dashboard and is hugely beneficial to campaigns of all sizes and particularly useful as a audit trail for paid field operatives.
Privacy By Design
For campaigns and mobile app users who are concerned with the protection of their location, we have engineered privacy into the platform with multi-tier location data controls.
Each mobile app user is prompted to decide whether to allow or disallow their location information from being captured.
Alternatively, you can disable location information tracking by updating the Canvasser Tracking setting within the permission settings within the Privacy Dashboard page.