Custom Fields are important for collecting customized data points on your voters, as such it is important to us that your experience with both them and Ecanvasser is as smooth as possible.
Custom Fields from your NationBuilder will be input directly along with your initial import of voter information to our People Database. When a canvasser collects information relating to a Custom Field via the Ecanvasser mobile app, this will sync back to a user’s NationBuilder account.
There are, however, a number of things users should note to ensure that syncing between the Ecanvasser and NationBuilder occurs efficiently:
- Custom Fields should be created only in NationBuilder
- Information collected in Ecanvasser will sync back to NationBuilder
- For a Custom Field to be recognized by Ecanvasser, and sync across, at least one Voter must have information contained within that Custom Field, at the time of the sync
- Ecanvasser will not pre-populate Multiple Choice Custom Fields with possible answers – your canvassers will have to be aware of the potential answers they may input
- If you wish to pre-populate a Custom Field with generic information, this must be performed prior to syncing the Custom Field to Ecanvasser.
- If you add a Custom Field to a List already imported to Ecanvasser, this List must be updated in Ecanvasser, and will not automatically sync
If you experience any problems with your NationBuilder Custom Fields, please feel free to reach out to the Customer Success Team. They'll be happy to help.