Lists are likely the most important and key part of using Ecanvasser successfully. A Lists reflects an exact segment of our database, when creating a List from the Map tab, this segment will be based upon geography, as well as the filters applied.
Cutting a Turf (Creating a List via the Map page)
Go to the page "Map" and click on the turquoise icon to select "Cut Turf"
2. Left click to plot a point on your map, and notice that as you pull your mouse away, a purple line comes out from your plot point
3. Click a second time, in an appropriate location, and not only will a second plot appear, but a third plot will appear between the initial two (this will occur for every plot between now and the final one); while as you move your mouse away, you can see that you can continue to plot, as before.
4. Repeat this process, until you have covered the required area, and complete the List area by finishing on the same plot point you began. As soon as you click on the first point and thus closing your turf, the shape will be completely purple. It will give you an overview what the list will contain.
5. Should you wish to modify the List at this time, you can do so by selecting any of the existing plot points, and dragging them in, or outwards, as we have done below to draw some nearby houses into the List.
6. At this point, you can now create the list (1) and name and assign the list to a team (2).
Note: When you create a List from the Map page, only Houses that are currently visible on the Map will be added to the list. That is, if you have added a Filter, these houses will not be added to the list.
If you are performing general interactions of an area, this will not create an issue, as your organizers will be creating entries for all the houses they come across not yet in your Database.
Should you have any further questions, you can reach out to one of the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com