Lists are likely the most important and key part of using Ecanvasser successfully - a List reflects an exact segment of your database. There are many different reasons why you may want to create one, but if you want to do anything, you’re probably going to make a List.
Creating a list
Regardless of the reason for creating a List, the process of doing so remains the same. Once you have used the Search and Filter functions to identify a segment:
- Segment Contacts using the Filter
- Select either the individual records, or all contacts.
- Click add to List
- Either Create List, or add to an existing List, then click Save
The lists tab
The Lists tab is different to the other tabs in your Database page.
It contains a list of your current Lists, along with Statistics on the canvas status of a List, and Quick Icons.
- Edit List name
- Assign a List to a Team
- Export Walk Sheet
- Mark a list as complete using SET TO DONE
- Delete a list
Edit a list name & Assign to a team
Mark a list as complete
Export and delete
Merging and dividing lists
In order to merge two or more Lists:
- Create a new List, giving it the desired title of the merged List
- Select one of the List to be merged
- Select all records
- Click on List, followed by the newly created merged List name.
- Repeat for the required number of individual Lists to be added to List created for the merger.
At times you may also wish to divide Lists:
- Create a new List(s), giving it the title desired.
- Select the List to be divided
- Search or Filter identify the contacts you wish to transfer to a new List
- Select all of your results, and now add these to the newly created List
- You can now:
- repeat the process if you wish to divide the List multiple times
- repeat the Search or Filter, delete the contact from the parent List, and rename the List to reflect this
- leave the initial parent List as is
From the Lists tab, you can use the Search and Filter functions in much the same way as on other tabs.
Lists are incredibly versatile in their use, and have many potential applications for organization, and record keeping.
It's worth noting that Lists are most powerful when their use is combined with Custom Fields.
Many customers use lists in the following way:
- Organization: as well as helping you keep track of your contacts, you can use Ecanvasser to get as detailed a view of your organization!
- GOTV (aka Poll-striking): use Lists in tandem with Custom Fields to manage your polling day operation.
- Planning Ahead: Keep records of contacts who are willing to assist in certain ways so you have a useful starting point for your next campaign!